Cellular Engineer - 5G SA L3
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
Samsung SOC R&D Lab is looking for Cellular Engineer to join the team of engineers with start-up spirit to commercialize the world-class cellular modem SW. The candidate is expected to bring passion, innovation and strong execution in cellular group for commercialization of Samsung Modem.
- Commercialization of Samsung Exynos modem in North American market
- Understanding of North American Cellular carrier requirements.
- Field/Equipment Log Analysis for new features and debugging for 5G and legacy 3GPP and 3GPP2 technologies
- Participate in new feature development and debugging for North American carrier requirements
- Manage customer interactions for issues reported and features requested
- Work with off-shore teams
- On-site customer support
- Work closely with global protocol team to resolve North American customers issue found in lab/field/IODT/carrier test.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Education Certificates, Licenses, Travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 1+ industry experience. Master’s degree related to communication area is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in development of commercial Modem SW.
- Good understanding of 3GPP 5G/4G/3G/2G and 3GPP2 CDMA systems.
- Strong understanding of 5G SA and legacy 3GPP layer 3 specifications
- Deep understanding of Rel 15 + RRC and NAS procedures along with lower layers.
- Experience working on Network simulators (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) for 5G NSA/SA, FR1 and FR2 scripts and call box mode.
- Good understanding of Telephony and protocol stack service.
- Programming/scripting languages (C, C++, and Python)
- Good understanding of wireless protocol stack from L3 (RRC/NAS) to lower layers
- Good understanding of android platform and service
- Ability to analyze crash dumps
- Experience on creating/editing TE scripts for 5G SA/NSA (FR1 and FR2) test scenarios for functional testing