Samsung SOC R&D Lab in San Diego is looking for Cellular Intern engineer – 5G/4G Field/Lab test to join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to debug and test the world-class cellular modem solution. The candidate is expected to bring innovation and strong execution in cellular group for Carrier/IOT/Field/Certification/NV-IOT testing.
- Participate in new features (5G/4G) verification for Verizon/Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile certification testing.
- Support field log analysis for new features and support IOT testing for 5G/4G technologies as required.
- Support lab and certification log analysis.
- Support Verizon/Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile certification process for Lab/Field/IOT test.
- Support the log analysis for new feature testing from lab/field/IOT/carrier/Regression test.
- Work on (R&S/ANITE/ANRITSU/SPIRENT) box for Verizon/Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile certification.
- Apply Wireless Communication knowledge to debug and test, Samsung modem 5G/4G/3G/2G product lines.
- Travel for work to support Lab/Field/IOT test and log analysis.
- MS with previous internship experience in wireless industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple teams and challenging schedules
- Ability to work with ownership and bring innovations in test methodology.
- Strong cellular system knowledge in CDMA/UMTS, LTE and A-LTE.
- Background in Electrical Engineering with a good understanding of 3GPP2 CDMA and 3GPP LTE systems.
- Good understanding of Mobile phone protocol stack from L3(RRC) to L1 (Physical Layer) is preferred.