Cellular Engineer - Software Integration
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
Samsung SOC R&D Lab is looking for Cellular Software Integration Engineer to join the team of engineers with start-up spirit to commercialize the world-class cellular modem SW. The candidate is expected to bring passion, innovation and strong execution in cellular group for commercialization of Samsung Modem.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Education Certificates, Licenses, Travel)
- Releasing quality software to customers and internal stakeholders using version control and propriety tools.
- Continuous integration of our wireless modem processor software comprising of 5G/4G/3G/2G protocol stacks, RF software, firmware and drivers.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of build failures encountered during software integration process
- Manual and automated sanity testing of modem functionality and new features on mobile device prototypes
- Initial on-target triaging, log analysis and classification of failures
- Collaborating with software developers to identify bugs, quickly integrate fixes and make timely customer releases for 5G technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Good understanding of Android Telephony, Framework and RIL
- Good understanding of Software configuration management tools such as Perforce, GitHub
- Continuous software integration and automation tools such as Jenkins
- Exposure to 3G/4G/5G modem technologies in software development, integeration or test role
- Familiarity with Modem testing using lab test equipment, hands-on debugging with various device and automation logs