Title: SSD Systems Engineer
Req ID # DSA32242
We are seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable SSD Systems Engineer in the Enterprise SSD division at Samsung. This role will have the opportunity to plan and manage execution of SAS and NVMe SSD qualification on customer systems that include enterprise servers and enterprise storage systems including Hyper-converged, SAN, NAS, Unified and Scale out systems. In this role you will work directly with customers to provide an excellent customer experience by assisting and managing their highest quality expectations. You will research customer product portfolios and understand use case and access patterns as they apply to SSDs in these systems.
Our ideal individual will have a BS and 3+ years or an MS and 1+ years of relevant industry experience. Apply today!
- Plan and manage execution of enterprise SSD qualifications in customer systems.
- Communicate directly with customers to understand qualification processes and test plans. Report status of qualifications and mange customer expectations.
- Manage and coordinate internal and customer test engineers to execute qual plans as per schedule. Teams will be both local and remote.
- Triage test failures and do a first level FA. Design and execute experiments to root cause defects and verify fixes in coordination with development teams.
- Provide feedback to functional test teams on issues seen in customer quals to better functional test coverage.
- Triage customer field issues and provide leadership and support for timely resolution of customer issues.
- Provide guidance to the Automation team to continue to improve and add to the existing framework.
- Experience with at least 1 programming language such a Python or C
- Proficiency in Linux operating systems especially system debug tools
- Knowledge of Computer System Architecture
- Ability to debug complex system level functional and performance issues
- Ability to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of SSD technology
- System level experience with testing or development of enterprise servers and enterprise storage systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise storage/server system technologies such as BIOS/UEFI, virtualization, remote server management etc.
- Expertise in storage test tools such as performance benchmarks, IO stress tools, protocol certifications, Test execution and bug management tools.
- Experience with at least 1 storage protocol like NVMe, SAS or Fibre Channel