Job Title: Customer Quality Manager
Overview & Impact
Come to join the customer engineering team that manages the technical account for SSD customers in CA region related to Enterprise and Datacenter business to maintain the close customer engineering relationship and SSD product technology leadership to maximize sales contribution.
The individual in this position needs both high energy and customer centric to fill the role of quality and sustaining engineering. This person requires strong engineering support experience under the data center environment and a deep understanding of Storage component technology, SSD, HDD, and DRAM.
Quality personnel is responsible for addressing any quality issues mostly after post qualification, sometimes in the qualification window and provide technical support when being requested from the customer.
- Technical Support for AWS/ MSFT their ODMs, Quanta/Foxconn/ZT/Synnex/Wiwynn/Pegatron
Get product qualification achieved for new die and technology
Provide technical support for customer’s inquiry
- Collect data and escalate urgent issues to management levels for their visibilities
- Quality and Problem management from Customers
- Organize technical communication in order to do problem-solving in place and help to set up verification procedure and condition for the issue duplication and improvement
- Manage rework activity when necessary
- Review and analyze the quality trend and take proper action
- Factory audit and Customer Satisfaction Index collection for quality & service improvement
- Factory audit support as per customer request to get production qualified
- Collection of customer satisfaction index for continuous quality and service improvement
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships. Prepare basic presentations and proposals when needed. When project management for customized products and solutions is requested, need to consult with CS/QA engineers in Korea. Document and researching new technology standards and product trends share with Korea,
- Provide weekly reports on project status and quality issues.
- Support regular sustaining engineering work
- Feedback for improvement based on DPPM, FA TAT analysis results and other customer’s feedback
- Provide regular data which customer requests and get technical data Samsung pursues improvement
- Set up OSV tool to minimize false RMA returns and failures returns to Samsung for FA
- PCN/FCN (Process or FW change notification) distribution and management for customer approval
- Regular meeting conducted and provide consistent assistance in order to get a great scorecard
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or related engineering degree).
- Storage Work Experience and Background (SSD, HDD, DRAM or other types of Memory)
- CRE, CQE preferred
- Personnel who experienced a lot with customer negotiating with more than 5 years.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- No limitation to domestic or international travel from office to a customer site
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
A day in the life Samsung Video: http://bit.ly/1saHOGu