OVERVIEW & IMPACT
The Memory Platform Lab (MPL) is part of Samsung’s Memory Business Unit, the industry's technology and volume leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SRAM memory. MPL’s vision is to solve key problems & innovate new architecture Platforms for Cloud & Data center environments. MPL is an integral part of Samsung’s worldwide R&D Labs. MPL works closely with development teams to bring feature innovation to product roadmaps. MPL engages with customers, partners and the technology community in Silicon Valley to develop new products.
Learn more about Memory Platform Solutions here
Team, Project and Impact
Come join the team that is creating new computing system architectures needed to support emerging applications like machine learning, internet of things (IoT) and edge computing. You’ll build experimental hardware, enhance systems software and applications to optimize the end-to-end architecture benefiting millions of users. You’ll publish cutting edge research papers and contribute to open source software.
- Design, develop and optimize algorithms for hardware acceleration of applications using High Level Synthesis (HLS) and/or embedded software
- Test, analyze and improve the performance of developed algorithms and associated applications
- Research new ways to improve application efficiency using hardware and/or embedded software acceleration
- BS and 10+ years’, MS with 8+ years or PhD and 5+ years in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, of relevant experience in storage firmware development.
- Experience developing algorithms in a High Level Synthesis language for deployment on FPGAs and/or experience developing for embedded processors on FPGAs.
- Experience with high level synthesis design methodologies and tools, e.g. VivadoHLS, Stratus, Catapult, Synphony C, or A++.
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems and/or accelerators, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software or firmware development.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core processor architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information.
- Comfortable working in a multinational environment and understand how to leverage cultural diversity.
- Experience implementing system solutions that utilize hardware acceleration (FPGA, ASIC, DSP’s)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies is strongly desired: NAND Flash/FTL, NVM Express, NVM-oF, SAS, SATA, SCSI, iSCSI, RDMA, Ethernet, TCP, UDP, SSD, PCI Express, Fibre Channel, eMMC, or UFS
- Experience developing for embedded processors on FPGAs is strongly desired.
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers is strongly desired.
- Experience with development of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence applications with FPGA-based acceleration is strongly desired.
- Experience with OpenGL programming strongly desired.
- Experience with Xilinx SDAccel environment preferred.
- Experience with Linux driver development environment preferred.
- Open to domestic and/or international travel.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
A day in the life Samsung Video here.
Click here to visit our Samsung Semiconductor Career Page
Learn more about Samsung Semiconductor here.