Cellular Engineer - Carrier Conformance
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
Samsung SoC R&D Lab is looking for a Wireless Carrier Compliance Cellular Engineer to join our team with start-up spirit to commercialize the world-class cellular modem SW. The candidate is expected to bring passion, innovation and strong execution in cellular group for commercialization of Samsung Modem.
- Commercialization of Samsung Exynos modem in North American market
- Understanding of North American Cellular carrier requirements
- NA Carriers Compliance Log Analysis for new features and debugging for 5G and legacy 3GPP and 3GPP2 CAT
- Participate in new feature development and debugging for North American carrier requirements
- Manage customer interactions for issues reported and features requested
- Work in a fast paced environment collaborating with teams in different time zones
- Onsite customer support
- Work closely with global protocol team to resolve North American customers issue found in lab/field/IODT/carrier test
REQUIRED SKILLS (Education Certificates, Licenses, Travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 1+ industry experience. Master’s degree related to communication area is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in development of commercial Modem SW
- Good understanding of carrier compliance life cycles for North American carriers
- Strong understanding of Carrier compliance for SFN and TA criteria. Experience with medium to high tier OEM wireless product launch aligning carrier certification with launch milestone.
- Deep understanding of Rel 15 + features and UE capabilities
- Experience working on Network simulators (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) for 5G NSA/SA, FR1 and FR2 scripts and call box mode
- Good understanding of Telephony and protocol stack service is preferred.
- Programming/scripting languages (C, C++, and Python).
- Good understanding of Carrier compliance for different carriers in rest of the world.
- Good understanding of android platform and service is preferred.
- Branch management and code integration for software releases.
- Experience on creating/editing TE scripts for 5G SA/NSA (FR1 and FR2) test scenarios for functional testing. On Test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S)