Sr Director/Director Corporate Strategist- Infrastructure
Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC)
Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC) is a global organization launched in 2012 by the President and Chief Strategy Officer of Samsung Electronics, with a mission to incubate and build world-class capabilities for new, high growth businesses.
Our approach is unique and open – we develop and accelerate groundbreaking technologies, collaborate with entrepreneurs and strategic partners, investment through our early-stage and growth investment funds (Catalyst Fund and Samsung Ventures), and also make large-scale acquisitions.
Our focus areas; automotive, cloud infrastructure, digital health, and AI.
We are headquartered in Menlo Park, California, and have offices in San Jose, Seoul, Tel Aviv, London, and Paris.
About the Team and Role
We have an immediate opening for a Director/Sr. Director of Corporate Strategy - Infrastructure to help drive corporate level strategies for new high growth businesses through M&A, investments, and partnerships, with a focus on 5G, Network and Cloud Infrastructure and related Services.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with internal and external business and technology leaders to shape the vision for the future of our most innovative businesses.
We are a fast paced and rapidly expanding team with a broad and ambitious mandate to accelerate Samsung’s growth – this is an opportunity for the right candidate to work on headline grabbing engagements and impact Samsung’s strategy and inorganic growth across multiple sectors.
- Providing leadership in the development of both overall corporate level business strategy, and specific recommendations to execute through M&A, strategic investments, joint ventures, and partnerships in the areas of 5G, Network and Cloud Infrastructure and related Services
- Developing market intelligence and insight on key industry trends (technology, IP, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and their strategic implications to Samsung
- Understanding latest market trends and industry dynamics by maintaining close relationship with both internal and external expert networks
- Preparing and presenting strategic plans and opportunities to senior management
- Collaborating with global business units to align on strategic directions
- Assist in live M&A execution and business development activities as a subject matter and industry expert
Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years or equivalent experience developing C-level strategy for technology companies: at a leading management consulting firm (technology client work), top tier investment bank (technology banking), tech focused VC/PE firm, or corporate/product strategy role at a major technology company
- Substantial industry experience/knowledge in cloud, mobile and network infrastructure (hardware, software, and/or services) businesses
- Subject matter expertise emerging technologies with broad market perspective and an innate passion and curiosity for technology
- Managed small to mid-sized diverse team of technical and business staff
- Technical degree in engineering, computer science, pure or applied sciences (i.e., related to Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Biochemistry) or mathematics with excellent academic track record desired; MBA preferred, but not required
- Practical knowledge of finance, strong analytical ability and oral and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Personable, collaborative, and demonstrated ability to lead and work cooperatively with diverse team members; true team player in every sense of the word
- Enthusiastic, self-confident, humble, exceptional work ethic, and intellectually curious to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions
- High ethical standards and good judgment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent execution skills and ability to follow up and complete any projects
- A willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to maintain a high standard of excellence in everything