Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory, System LSI and LCD technologies. As a member of Samsung’s Memory Solutions Lab (MSL), you will be part of an Advanced Research and Development team developing the next generation of enterprise memory and storage technologies. The team innovates, solves key technical problems in areas and products related to Samsung’s NAND flash, DRAM and other memory technologies, and tackles a variety of challenging issues in data center, server, and software infrastructure.
The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies, and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, results-driven environment. We are looking for highly talented, passionate, and versatile engineers who can share our vision and contribute to the creation of next generation enterprise memory and storage solutions.
The Sr. FPGA Design Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and evaluating FPGA-based high performance memory/storage system solutions and must have prior experience developing leading edge networking, storage, and/or embedded computing solutions on FPGAs. He or she will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative solutions that utilize existing and emerging technologies to add substantial value to Samsung. The team covers a broad spectrum of topics and is building an ecosystem surrounding SSD and NVRAM. You will be working with the-state-of-art technologies in the context of vertical integration and optimization across H/W and S/W.
- FPGA architecture, RTL coding, IP selection, IP evaluation, IP integration, FPGA building, FPGA verification, and hardware bring up for storage applications.
- Design, develop, and optimize algorithms and acceleration kernels for application offload using High Level Synthesis (HLS), OpenCL and/or embedded software.
- Create key IPs, implement prototypes, evaluate and integrate acquired hardware Intellectual Property (IP).
- Work with other hardware/ software architects developing one-of-a-kind innovative FPGA prototypes and contribute to feasibility studies & developing solutions.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 3-5+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability with FPGA design tool flows, synthesis, timing analysis, partitioning, FPGA programming, bring up and testing.
- In-depth background in HDL development, Verilog coding, integration, synthesis, debug, simulation, test bench creation and debug using CAD tools (Synopsys, Mentor, Cadence, or FPGA tools).
- Experience with evaluation and integration of 3rd party IP in an FPGA environment.
- Experience in application acceleration, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
- Prior experience optimizing algorithms across the HW and SW boundary.
- Prior experience with system level testing, evaluation and performance optimizations.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of processor design, accelerators, and/or memory hierarchies.
- Experience in C/C++ programming and scripting in a Linux environment.
- Exposure to Flash internal architecture and organization.
- Understanding of typical hyper-scale and data center applications and benchmarks such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.,.
- Knowledge of high-performance design techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and development experience with storage services such as RAID protocols, erasure coding, compressions, encryption, etc.,.
- Prior experience in domains such as Image/Media search and processing, Data analytics, search and filter, and Machine learning.
- Prior experience with Xilinx SDAccel.