Location Systems Engineer/Architect -- Algorithm & Architecture
Location: San Jose Req ID DSA31998
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. in San Jose is searching for location systems engineer. Candidate will work as part of a team on the system design, implementation, and verification of a modem chip for GNSS, WiFi, BT as well as other advanced wireless technologies.
- Understand GNSS technologies such as GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and Beidou and modernized signals.
- Understand wireless communications standards such as 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.16d/e/m, Bluetooth, 3GPP, 3GPP2 etc
- Develop signal processing algorithms for navigation and/or communication systems.
- Build MATLAB and C/C++ simulator to characterize system performance/behavior.
- Work with software/firmware engineers in improving system performance
- Work closely with hardware and software developers to develop an implementation that meets system requirements.
- Verify chip performance through lab and field tests.
- Must be open for occasional international travel (up to ~2 trips a year).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in multi-radio location technology, sensor fusion and/or indoor positioning.
- Experience with advanced algorithms in GNSS receiver systems such as tracking, multipath mitigation, RFI mitigation, cross correlation correction, RAIM, KF etc
- Expertise in control theory, signal processing, estimation theory, communication theory, and/or machine learning.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- C, C++, MATLAB, and Python coding skills