Role: MBA Intern, Corporate Development
Our Mission: The Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC) is Samsung's global network of innovators, technologists, investors, and makers. It was launched in 2013 by the President and Chief Strategy Officer of Samsung Electronics with a mission to incubate and build world-class capabilities for existing and new businesses. Our approach is unique and open, we develop and accelerate groundbreaking technologies by working in collaboration with entrepreneurs and other strategic partners, and through early-stage and growth investments (Catalyst Fund and Samsung Ventures), which are committed to discovering solutions for connected devices. We are headquartered in Menlo Park, CA and have offices in San Jose, Tel Aviv, London, Paris and Seoul.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
The ideal candidate would enjoy working in a fast-paced, global, and entrepreneurial environment. As part of the Corporate Development team, the MBA Intern will be a key member in identifying, building, and investing in new strategic opportunities for Samsung and SSIC. His/her responsibilities include:
- Support VP of Corporate Development on market, strategic and company specific analyses by working with industry and research analysts and preparing market and technology summary overview materials as well as strategic landscape analysis
- Synthesize insights on key industry trends (macro, consumer, technology, business models) as well as competitor activities (e.g. M&A, investments, partnerships, product portfolio).
- Lead and develop thesis and recommendations on emerging market opportunities, including existing and new technologies and business models, spanning from overall corporate-level strategy to M&A, investments, joint ventures and new business creation.
- Assisting in live corporate development executions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments
- BS in a technical or engineering field with excellent track record of academic achievement
- MBA from top tier program (graduating in 2020)
- 3-5 years or equivalent prior work experience, preferably at a top tier strategy consulting firm (technology client work), investment bank (technology banking), tech focused VC/PE firm, or corporate development/strategy/new business development role at a major tech company
- Strong project management and cross-functional coordination skills, and an ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without support of a large team
- Possess outstanding communication skills, able to address business and technical audiences
- Familiarity and knowledge of emerging technologies with an innate passion for technology
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-confident with low ego and intellectually curious
- An eye for detail as well as the ability to grasp big picture themes
- Individual contributor, self-driven and with high ethical standard