Sr. Manager Talent Management
The Talent Development team at Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI) is looking for a dynamic talent management program manager who has the ability to challenge conventional wisdom/practices, can think big, and has experience leading end-to-end process execution. This role requires a mix of Talent Management and Organization Development expertise, as the project will span across the two disciplines. This position will support a variety of business groups and teams, ranging from engineering / R&D organizations, sales and marketing, and teams focused on innovation. The candidate must be comfortable being dropped into ambiguous situations and able to quickly develop a plan to drive change, transformation and business results across multiple disciplines in Talent Management and Organization Development. The role is based in San Jose, CA and reports to the Head of Talent Development.
Key Responsibilities of the Role Include
- Develop, implement, and manage core talent and organization development programs – high potential identification and development, assessments, succession planning, talent review process, global talent policies/practices.
- Drive program goals by providing program management and defined project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop protocols, documentation, and communications for project rollout and ongoing management, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned.
- Support overall goals by ensuring an integrated, cross-functional approach is considered when appropriate.
- Provide consulting services, as needed, on a variety of OD/TM topics including leadership integration, executive onboarding, organization design, team effectiveness, etc.
- Measure the return on investment business leaders achieve from the implementation of talent processes and programs; identify new ways of operationalizing talent programs if they do not provide the right level of expected returns.
- Emphasize simplicity, relevancy, pragmatism, and impact in all work.
- Continually invest in self-development and the evolution of the Talent Management discipline by remaining current with new developments, technologies, industry trends, and innovations.
- 8+ years in Program/Project Management in Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs- work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of Talent Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, HR Business Partner, or Business-related fields
- Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply OD approaches to meet business and stakeholder needs
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
- Intellectually curious and open to challenging status quo
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays, and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
Learn more about Samsung Semiconductor here.
A day in the life Samsung Video
Samsung Semiconductor Career Page